Pages

https://instagram.com/cirre05/ https://www.pinterest.com/cirre05/ https://twitter.com/TIUcirre05

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

The B&O Yorkville run.......i might possibly be insane.....or am I

 
 
So i have signed up for a 5K race in September 2015.....
The B&O Yorkville run no less..... and i fear i might  possibly be nuts.
 
I mean in general i quite dislike  long distance running (not that 5K is that far)
 
ANYHOW..... i`m more of an interval girl,and love to run fast with my well earned breaks in between . lol.
 
So i`m going on my very own adventure to Toronto,Canada in September, and figured i`m really making memories......by signing up for a 5K race?
 
Alrighty then, a race it is!....As this trip in many ways is my way of rising up again, and stand on my own two feet,and embrace my beloved Independence.
 
But now i have to step up my game a bit,cause i don`t want to be the last person at the finish line.hahaha!! ( that would totally suck!!)
 
I`ve already started training for this race, and is going fantastic! (that`s a lie!)
Too be honest it`s really tough.
I mean,i KNOW i can do it....it`s just i`m not a big fan of fighting With myself to keep my legs going for 5K. (because as i said,i love my breaks)
 
But thankfully i have a while to get ready, and i`m seeing progress the whole time, meter after meter.
And in a way, i`m building character as well, because i`m doing something completely new to me, breaking new territory and ignoring my fear of the unknown. I`m diving right in!
 
So YAY for the Yorkville run!! For a much needed Challenge!
 
Have a great day !

Xoxo
 
 
 
If you wanna Join the  B&O Yorkville run click HERE ( registrations start 15.April)

 

or if you wanna donate to any of the great causes the Yorkville run is held for click HERE
 
 
 
 


2 comments :

  1. you are great and you will do even greater!!
    i know that a couple of things help me run on -
    1. i split up my km:
    i first run 1 km, and that is rather easy. then i say to myself, you just have to go up to 2.5 km. its only 1.5 km further. i make it through. then im all like - get to 4 km! get to 4! - only 1.5! then i get to 4 and every 200m i up my speed on the machine by 0.1/0.2 kph, so that makes me have to "do" something while i run the last km. and those "200m goals" are life savers for me.
    2. MUSIC!!!! it has to be very upbeat. the trashier the better - pitbull "fireball" is great to bring your spirit back and feel lighter. Katty Perry's Roar (remix) is great, infected mushroom - Insane, all those beats, get to my feet and keep'em going :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Tal,That`s a great idea!!
      You`re a sweetheart.

      Delete